1. To promote and protect the Deccani Sheep and Osmanabadi goats of the Deccan.
2. To sustain the traditional Gongadi and the wool based livelihoods of the communities.
3. To promote and protect the indigenous knowledge of Deccani sheep rearing and goat rearing.
4. To protect and uphold the rights of shepherds to graze animals on grazing lands and in forests.
5. To protect and work for promoting biodiverse food farming systems, indigenous livestock breeds and reestablish the diversity of food crops.